Senior Firmware Engineer
Nonin Medical, Inc. is a rapidly growing international medical device manufacturer that has been designing and distributing high quality medical monitoring devices since 1986. Headquartered in Plymouth, MN, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere. We are currently searching for a dynamic Senior Product Development Firmware Engineer to join our Product Development team.
Working as part of the New Product Development Engineering team, the Senior Firmware Engineer will be responsible for the design of firmware used in Nonin products.
The ideal candidate will possess relevant experience with embedded firmware development and a demonstrated track record of innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as technical leader for major development projects or multiple simultaneous projects. Responsible for ensuring that design activities are coordinated per the development procedure. Establish and maintain project schedules.
- Design and develop embedded firmware for microcontroller-based medical products.
- Support project initiatives collaborating with the rest of the design team ensuring that development milestones and deadlines are met.
- Define and implement high performance software by leveraging a strong understanding of embedded hardware design.
- Be a contributor in developing an environment of continuous improvement across product lines and development groups.
- Analyze and provide feedback on peer designs in an open and collaborative design review forum.
- Mentor other engineers and technicians.
- Participate in the all phases of design on singular projects. Work with all Project team members throughout the development phase of product development in order to ensure that products are produced in a safe and quality manner while keeping within established time frames.
- Works on significant and unique analysis of situations or data requiring an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Assess design and development activities to determine time for completion and appropriate staffing and/or use of outside resources to reach goals.
- Review product documentation for accuracy including documentation intended for customer use.
- Evaluate product non-conformances and recommend design modifications.
- Evaluate, test, and review designs to determine if program will perform according to requirements and specifications.
- Develop, communicate and document project strategies and plans.
- Maintain accurate records throughout the development process in order to comply with company and government standards and/or regulations.
- Required Education & Experience::
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7 - 10 years of design engineering experience
- Experience with assembly level and C language development including the tools used to edit, compile/assemble and debug code in an embedded environment
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience working with real-time operating systems
- Experience with real-time signal processing and hardware
- Experience working with various communication and networking protocols
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to contribute to multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience with analog and digital hardware
- Experience driving technology integration and adoption
- Experience with Medical Device Directive (MDD), ISO 13485, FDA design controls or similar regulatory environment
- Software development experience in an embedded environment for medical devices
Qualified candidates can mail, e-mail, or fax resume and salary requirements to:
Nonin Medical, Inc.
Attention: HR Department
13700 1st Avenue North
Plymouth, Minnesota 55441-5443
|©2009 Nonin Medical, Inc. All rights reserved |